'My personal philosophy is to open people's minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us' - usha

Monday, September 3, 2018

Sankey Tank painting

I visited the Sankey Tank of Bengaluru for the first time when an art show was arranged by 'Namma Bangaluru'. I was given a stall to display my paintings. As most of my paintings are inspired by the 'Lal Bagh' of Bengaluru, I had displayed just them.

Most of the visitors to the show were locals who were living in and around Sankey Tank, and one of them commented ' Your paintings are mostly of 'Lal Bagh'. Why not paintings of Sankey Tank?'

This was already in my mind when I saw the beautiful surroundings of this artificial Lake created during the British Raj in 1882, and even named after Col Sankey who built it to cater to the water requirement of Bengaluru.

I clicked many photos and decided to use them as reference to create a body of works called 'Sankey Tank'.

Here is the first one of them, which I decided to paint abstractly reminding me of

 the colorful and festive time I had there during the show.



Sankey Tank 1
acrylic painting on canvas
Size 17x23 inches

Click HERE to purchase prints and  products of this painting.

Click HERE to collect the original painting or print - in India.










No comments:

Post a Comment