'My personal philosophy is to open people's minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us' - usha

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SCENT OF A WOMAN - KANCHI SAREE


Scent of a Woman- is an oil painting on canvas of size-30"x22"-and framed.
This painting is surrealistic in style. Scent of a woman really means essence of a woman. As I said I paint from my experiences ( as an Indian woman). In this painting I hoped to have captured the essence of the Indian woman. The heavy-brocade bright, reddish-orange silk saree popularly known as Kanchi Saree (hand woven in Kancheepuram), the diamond studded traditional design nose-ring and the scent emenating agarbathis (incensce sticks) are representative of the scent of a woman.

1 comment:

  1. hi, good & nice paiting.
    how about this website
    www.dhanushbysrandrb.com

    ReplyDelete